Bringing electricity into a wet environment can easily spell disaster. For restaurant kitchens, that combination is often an unavoidable threat.
When operating plug-in kitchen equipment and practicing regular hand washing, cooks can easily shock themselves if they’re not too careful. Frayed cords or poorly placed equipment can exacerbate the problem and put restaurant workers at a severe risk for electrocution and other serious injuries.
You can make a difference by providing proper training and instituting these 10 rules for dampening the risk of electrical shocks in the kitchen. (more…)