LinkedIn recognizes that resumes are still the primary way to apply for a job – that’s why they offer an option to convert your profile to a resume and an option to attach your resume to your LinkedIn profile. Still, we often hear that having a well-developed LinkedIn profile is important for professionals. This is true. Your resume and LinkedIn profile should not be the same and are viewed differently by employers and recruiters.
How is LinkedIn actually being used by employers and recruiters? (more…)
LinkedIn is a great networking tool but if your page is not professional and up-to-date it can make a bad impression.
Here are some tips that will help you keep more connected with a professional page:
- Make sure to include a photo and make it a professional one. Not having a photo can raise questions in people who are looking to connect with you.
- Create a strong headline. Your profile headline will appear in search results next to your name. Use a headline that appeals to a recruiter and makes them want to check out your profile. (more…)
LinkedIn is an online resume that is easily accessible for recruiters. It can also be a great tool to connect with co-workers and other professionals who post articles and blogs that you are interested in reading. LinkedIn is the world’s largest professional network. Here are some of the stats: (more…)
When it comes to social media, we hear a common refrain from most agencies and small businesses: “We know we should be out there, but we aren’t sure where to be or how to get started.”
This 8-minute webinar will provide:
- Rationale for using social media to build your business
- Steps for choosing the right social network(s) for your brand
- An overview of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube
- Suggestions for generating interesting content that distinguishes you from your competition
- Recommendations to grow your reach