- Floor Safety Basics: Floor Mat Placement Procedures & Maintenance
- Step-by-Step: How to Clean Up Spills in the Workplace
- How to Reduce Parking Lot Accidents
- The Importance of Proper Restaurant Grease Removal for Kitchen Floors
- Slip and Fall Accidents: What are floor audits and how can Society help you?
- Wet Floor Signs: Tips & Regulations
- Reduce Slips and Falls at Your Grocery or Convenience Store
- Slip & Trip Employee Safety Education with a Smile
- Slip and Fall Claims from a Liability Perspective
- Taking Control of Slip and Fall Risks
- A Slippery Situation: Cleaning Restaurant Kitchen Floors
- Slip-Resistant Shoes for Employees
- Falls Are Not Funny
- Prevent Slips and Falls with a Floor Mat Program
- Preventing Summer Slips, Trips and Falls
- Slips, Trips and Falls Safety Tips
Everyone knows to be careful during the winter months when temperatures dip below freezing and there’s snow or ice on the ground.
What people often neglect to consider is that hazards still exist in the summer months, both indoors and outdoors. In fact, it’s the element of surprise that can make summer slips, trips and falls more severe than those that occur in winter.
Slips, trips and falls are the second-leading cause of employee injury nationally, with these types of injuries increasing by 41 percent since 1998. Additionally, slips, trips and falls are also a leading cause of customer injuries.
Taken as a whole, it’s obvious that doing everything possible to prevent slips, trips and falls is not just a priority — it’s a necessity.
- Identifying and controlling risk.
- Employee-specific concerns.
- Responding to a slip, trip or fall.