- Staying Healthy and Happy During the Holiday Season
- New Year’s Resolutions: Tips and Traps
- 6 Tips to Refresh Your Mind, Body and Soul with Exercise and Meditation
- Health & Wellness: Goals + Coaching = Success
- Tips for Staying Fit & Active in Winter
- The Complete Guide to Managing Stress at Work
Sometimes it can be easy to forget to take time for yourself. Weeks fly by in the blink of an eye. But even during the busiest days, it’s important to set aside a bit of time to recharge. Below are six ways that you can incorporate exercise and meditation into your daily routine to help you refresh your mind, body and soul.
Exercise and Meditation Tips to Refresh Your Mind, Body and Soul
- Practice yoga or meditation. This can help keep you calm, clear your mind of worries, and de-stress. Yoga can be done in your home or outdoors. There are even seated poses that can be done anywhere – like at your desk.
- Find a space to reflect on your day. Whether this is a beach, garden, park, or local café, finding a place you enjoy to visit can help you feel refreshed. Walk there, if possible, for an extra boost of energy!
- Keep a journal. Doodle, jot thoughts down, make a list, or color in a picture. It can help to clear your mind on a hectic day. As an added bonus, occasionally try to do this after a moment of reflection on your life.
- A brisk morning or evening walk can help you feel refreshed – even just ten minutes can make an impact on your wellness and help you start or end the day on a positive note!
- Laugh. As the saying goes, laughter is the best medicine!
- Try a new approach to exercise. Exercising doesn’t need to be long, drawn out, and dreaded. Is there a new spinning class in town that you’ve been wanting to check out? Are you interested in kayaking? What about hiking on a new trail? Whatever you’re curious about…give it a try! You may be surprised at your added enjoyment when you change up your normal routine. And your body will thank you!
When you’re on the go day after day, it can be difficult to squeeze in time to exercise. But it’s important to remember that your wellness matters. This doesn’t just include your physical wellness, but over your overall wellbeing. Incorporate one of the tips above into your life and see the difference it can make!
Looking for more tips on managing stress and setting goals? Check out the tips in our “Be Well with Society” blog series.
To learn more about career opportunities at Society Insurance, click here.