- Cyber Terrorism: How Insurance Can Help Mitigate Damages
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Network Asset Protection Coverage (Video)
- Data Breach and Your Damaged Reputation
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Security and Privacy Liability Coverage
- Common Data Threats and Vulnerabilities
- PCI DSS Compliance and Cyber Liability Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Privacy Breach Response Coverage (Video)
- Upgrade Your Internet Security: Risky Cyber Behaviors to Avoid
- Password Security Tips
- Top 3 Data Breach Myths (1/4)
- 8 Tips to Prevent Data Breach (2/4)
- How to React to a Data Breach (3/4)
- Protecting Your Business from Costly Data Breach Damage (4/4)
- Private: Will you be Blindsided by a Data Breach?
- 7 Common Causes of Data Breach
- Hacked! How to Comply with Data Breach Notification Laws
- Private: Video: Dealing with Data Breach
- Password Storage Solution
- Best Practices When Connecting to Public Wireless Internet
- PHISHY PHONE CALLS
- Don’t Be a Victim of Email Scams
- Password Best Practices
- What Your Business Needs to Know About Ransomware and Cyber Extortion
- Multimedia Liability Insurance Coverage
With the world at our fingertips, it is not unusual to do a quick internet search when we’re looking for information. But using that information without permission from the owner can result in costly consequences.
Multimedia Liability provides coverage for third-party liability claims alleging damage resulting from dissemination of media material. This covers both electronic and non-electronic media material, and may include claims of:
- copyright or trademark infringement
- personal injury
Learn more in this video:
Insurance Coverage for Copyright or Trademark Infringement
Consider this scenario demonstrated in the video above:
A sports bar owner is promoting an event and pulls an image from a Google Images web search to use on his website and online promotional material. The copyright holder of the image is able to locate the website and promotional material and sends a “cease-and-desist” demand letter to the sports bar owner alleging copyright infringement. The copyright holder demands removal of the image and compensatory damages.
Society’s Cyber Liability insurance would cover the costs to defend this claim and the compensatory damages.
To discuss the details of cyber liability insurance for your business, contact your local Society Insurance agent.