- Floor Safety Basics: Floor Mat Placement Procedures & Maintenance
- Step-by-Step: How to Clean Up Spills in the Workplace
- How to Reduce Parking Lot Accidents
- The Importance of Proper Restaurant Grease Removal for Kitchen Floors
- Slip and Fall Accidents: What are floor audits and how can Society help you?
- Wet Floor Signs: Tips & Regulations
- Reduce Slips and Falls at Your Grocery or Convenience Store
- Slip & Trip Employee Safety Education with a Smile
- Slip and Fall Claims from a Liability Perspective
- Taking Control of Slip and Fall Risks
- A Slippery Situation: Cleaning Restaurant Kitchen Floors
- Slip-Resistant Shoes for Employees
- Falls Are Not Funny
- Prevent Slips and Falls with a Floor Mat Program
- Preventing Summer Slips, Trips and Falls
- Slips, Trips and Falls Safety Tips
The National Floor Safety Institute is focused on providing the general public with an educated awareness to the problems of slip and fall injuries. There are many preventive measures that can help to avoid these terrible accidents. It only takes one fall to completely alter the life of a victim.
Slip and fall accidents happen every day and should be a significant cause of concern in both the summer and winter months. In 2009, the total costs of slip and fall accidents was $60 billion, but that number has continued to rise. Today, these accidents account for nearly $80 billion.
Injuries as a result of a slip, trip or fall are the leading cause of injury-related emergency room visits. Unfortunately, the general public is sometimes led to believe all slip, trip and fall injuries are scams. This is not true. There are preventive strategies that can help reduce the frequency of these types of accidents, in turn reducing the number of injuries.
In many cases slip, trip, and fall incidents are easily preventable. Improper floor maintenance, extended neglect, and often a lack of training cause hazardous walkways—result in injuries, deaths, and billions of dollars in related costs.
Here’s a look at the industry-specific educational materials on slips, trips and falls we provide in our online Risk Control Library.
Slips and Falls Safety Handouts and Posters:
Handout: Wet or Oily Working Environments – Download Now
Handout: Slip-Resistant Footwear – Download Now
Poster: How to Properly Clean Your Floors (English) – Download Now
Poster: How to Effectively Clean Up a Spill (English) – Download Now
Poster: How to Properly Clean Your Floors (Spanish) – Download Now
Poster: How to Effectively Clean Up a Spill (Spanish) – Download Now
Society’s Risk Control team provides these handouts and posters to help facilitate your safety and health efforts.