- Floor Safety Basics: Floor Mat Placement Procedures & Maintenance
- Step-by-Step: How to Clean Up Spills in the Workplace
- How to Reduce Parking Lot Accidents
- The Importance of Proper Restaurant Grease Removal for Kitchen Floors
- Slip and Fall Accidents: What are floor audits and how can Society help you?
- Wet Floor Signs: Tips & Regulations
- Reduce Slips and Falls at Your Grocery or Convenience Store
- Slip & Trip Employee Safety Education with a Smile
- Slip and Fall Claims from a Liability Perspective
- Taking Control of Slip and Fall Risks
- A Slippery Situation: Cleaning Restaurant Kitchen Floors
- Slip-Resistant Shoes for Employees
- Falls Are Not Funny
- Prevent Slips and Falls with a Floor Mat Program
- Preventing Summer Slips, Trips and Falls
- Slips, Trips and Falls Safety Tips
- Key Considerations for Handicap Ramps & Minimizing Parking Lot Accidents
Let me introduce Napo. Napo is the star of an animated series of video shorts that center on a worker who finds himself in situations over which he has no control, identifies hazards or risks, and then makes good suggestions to improve safety and work organization. These videos combine humor and wordless language for universal work-safety education.
Let’s talk about slips and trips.
Watch Napo in… No laughing matter and consider sharing with your employees.
Slips, trips and falls are a significant cause of injuries for business. They are second to only automobile accidents in disabling injuries.
Most slips occur in wet or ‘contaminated’ conditions, and most trips are due to poor housekeeping. The solutions are often simple and cost-effective. An assessment of the risks should identify the necessary controls which include:
- Prevention of contamination
- Management of spills
- Suitable footwear
- Workplace design
- Appropriate flooring
- Good housekeeping
- Effective training and supervision
This film, which is suitable for all sectors and all levels of employees, seeks to promote good practice and emphasizes that slip and trip accidents are ‘no laughing matter.’
Interested in other safety film topics with Napo? Find more videos available for download here.