- Cyber Terrorism: How Insurance Can Help Mitigate Damages
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Network Asset Protection Coverage (Video)
- Data Breach and Your Damaged Reputation
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Security and Privacy Liability Coverage
- Common Data Threats and Vulnerabilities
- PCI DSS Compliance and Cyber Liability Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Privacy Breach Response Coverage (Video)
- Upgrade Your Internet Security: Risky Cyber Behaviors to Avoid
- Password Security Tips
- Top 3 Data Breach Myths (1/4)
- 8 Tips to Prevent Data Breach (2/4)
- How to React to a Data Breach (3/4)
- Protecting Your Business from Costly Data Breach Damage (4/4)
- Private: Will you be Blindsided by a Data Breach?
- 7 Common Causes of Data Breach
- Hacked! How to Comply with Data Breach Notification Laws
- Private: Video: Dealing with Data Breach
- Password Storage Solution
- Best Practices When Connecting to Public Wireless Internet
- PHISHY PHONE CALLS
- Don’t Be a Victim of Email Scams
- Password Best Practices
- What Your Business Needs to Know About Ransomware and Cyber Extortion
- Multimedia Liability Insurance Coverage
- Cyber Liability: Privacy Regulatory Defense & Penalties Coverage
It is no secret that criminals are getting smarter at using technology to their advantage. Unfortunately, that means your business could be the victim of a data breach left to face tremendous financial costs, lost customers and a damaged reputation. When word gets out that data was compromised at your business, it may take time to convince customers that it is safe to come back.
Learn more in this video:
Cyber Liability Insurance with BrandGuard
Cyber liability insurance with BrandGuard® provides coverage for lost revenue incurred as a direct result as an adverse media report or notification to affected individuals following a security or privacy breach.
Consider this scenario:
After reporting a data breach to state officials, a lakefront restaurant in a popular vacation destination is featured in a series of news reports concerning data breaches impacting local businesses. One such report accounts the specific details of the breach experienced by the restaurant and its response to the incident. The news report airs at the start of the busy summer travel season. The restaurant experiences a significant downturn in business due to the news reports.
In this situation, Society’s cyber liability insurance with BrandGuard coverage would reimburse the restaurant for the demonstrated loss of net profit resulting from the adverse media reports.
Recovering from a data breach is a real challenge. The U.S. National Cyber Security Alliance reports that 60 percent of companies affected by a breach will go out of business within six months. This is an alarming statistic! At a time when technology and the risks associated with it affect everyone, don’t leave your business unprotected.
To discuss the details of cyber liability insurance for your business, contact your local Society Insurance agent.