- Overpayment Scam: Protect Your Business from Scammers
- Protect Your Business From 3 Common Bitcoin Email Scams
- Cyber Terrorism: How Insurance Can Help Mitigate Damages
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Network Asset Protection Coverage (Video)
- Data Breach and Your Damaged Reputation
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Security and Privacy Liability Coverage
- Common Data Threats and Vulnerabilities
- PCI DSS Compliance and Cyber Liability Insurance
- Cyber Liability Insurance – Privacy Breach Response Coverage (Video)
- Upgrade Your Internet Security: Risky Cyber Behaviors to Avoid
- Password Security Tips
- Top 3 Data Breach Myths (1/4)
- 8 Tips to Prevent Data Breach (2/4)
- How to React to a Data Breach (3/4)
- Protecting Your Business from Costly Data Breach Damage (4/4)
- Private: Will you be Blindsided by a Data Breach?
- 7 Common Causes of Data Breach
- Hacked! How to Comply with Data Breach Notification Laws
- Private: Video: Dealing with Data Breach
- Password Storage Solution
- Best Practices When Connecting to Public Wireless Internet
- PHISHY PHONE CALLS
- Don’t Be a Victim of Email Scams
- Password Best Practices
- What Your Business Needs to Know About Ransomware and Cyber Extortion
- Multimedia Liability Insurance Coverage
- Cyber Liability: Privacy Regulatory Defense & Penalties Coverage
- How to Keep Your Restaurant Safe From Cyber Threats
- How to Report Data Security Incidents
- How to React to a Payment Card System Data Breach
- Email Security Best Practices: Do’s and Don’ts of Email Use
- Cyber Claims Digest for 2020 Planning
- Scams on the Rise Amid Coronavirus Crisis
A privacy breach that exposes sensitive customer information can be high-impact for all businesses. But it can be especially devastating for a small business, causing significant financial strain and irreparable harm to your reputation. So, what are the odds of a breach happening at your business?
Privacy breach response costs can be wildly expensive. Learn more in this video.
Privacy Breach Response Insurance Coverage
Society’s cyber liability insurance provides coverage for privacy breach response costs, notification expenses and breach support credit monitoring expenses. This includes reasonable mitigation costs and expenses incurred as a result of a privacy breach, security breach or adverse media report – like legal expenses, public relations and advertising expenses, information technology (IT) forensic expenses, postage, and the cost to provide call centers, credit monitoring and identity theft assistance.
Consider this scenario: A programming error within the computer system at a mid-size chain of restaurants allows customer information to become publicly visible on the internet and approximately 8,700 customers are affected. The costs associated with this breach include customer notification costs, IT forensic expenses, legal fees and public relations expenses, all totaling more than $125,000. This would be covered by your Society cyber liability insurance policy.
To learn more about this important coverage and other small details that make a big difference, contact your local Society Insurance agent.
Data Security Education
There is no time like the present to educate yourself and your employees on the importance of data security. Click here for data security resources for your business.